LEARN ABOUT US
Santa for a Day is a means to offer hope during a difficult time through letters to
Santa. The fulfillment process benefits givers, retailers, and most importantly, the kids.
Our focus is in line with the U.S. Department of Social Innovation’s Mission; creating
public-private partnership to meet needs of public- serving impoverished families and
promoting literacy education. We believe that together with the Chicago Housing
Authority we can have a “catalytic impact” building on our collective expertise,
leveraging action of various partners (retail, non-profit, private organizations)
and do more with less.
- Kids write a letter addressed to Santa.
- Chicago Housing Authority collects all letters.
- We receive redacted letters with wish lists.
- We match the child’s gift request to the available online items.
- You can read redacted letters, select gift and pay with credit card. Order is encrypted then transmitted to online retailer.
- Retailers ship gifts to us and we match gifts with letters from Santa.
- Each kid receives their gifts with a special note from Santa
Meet Our Partner,
the Chicago Housing Authority
The Chicago Housing Authority provides homes to more than 63,000 households while
supporting healthy communities in neighborhoods throughout the city. Designated a
Moving to Work agency by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development,
CHA has used that flexibility to create innovative partnerships that expand choices and
opportunities for the low income families and individuals it serves. This year, CHA will
help create a special holiday season for the children within its community.